Thursday, October 10, 2013

Adrienne's First Time

When Jordan first approached me about doing Boudoir photos I was excited. As time went on I realized how nervous I was. I tried to put on a brave face but really I was just incredibly nervous. I don’t know why I was so nervous because for the most part I am comfortable with my body. I know Ali appreciates my “thick” shape. I know I look a lot better now than I used to (lost 40 pounds in the last 2 years!) I knew these pictures would just be for me to show myself that I can be sexy and I am beautiful. I did it to prove to myself that even though I am not movie star skinny or model skinny or even plus size model perfect I can be sexy in my own way. 
We went shopping to get some lingerie for the shoot. I assisted D’Andrew Lee in a boudoir photo shoot for my cousin and he was incredibly picky about the lingerie she used. He made sure it didn't look used and old which is quite understandable. To avoid the hassle of finding something that looked new I just went and got something new. After spending $65.00 at JC Penny’s I felt like I had a good assortment of outfits to show everything off the right way. 
We got to Jordan’s house and she began working on my hair, pin curls, what is sexier? After my hair we did my makeup. Some shimmery eyes and RED lips. When I looked in the mirror I was the epitome of sexy. It was now time to step into my first outfit. I got dressed and was still feeling incredibly uncomfortable in my skin. After a few pictures and Jordan’s wise words and advice on how to pose I began to get more comfortable. My second outfit was something I was SO excited for. I wore a Red Sox jersey over a red lace bra and pantie combo. It was incredibly hot. I looked at the unedited pictures on the camera and thought “is that really me? That can’t be me. I look sexy.” I was shocked. After seeing what I looked like I started to come out of my shell. Poses were coming easier to me. I was so excited for what I was doing! 
After the shoot Jordan and I went through the untouched pictures and there were quite a few that looked great. I was so excited to edit them. The next day I wanted to show everyone my pictures. I wanted them to see how good I looked. I brought it up with people and waited for them to ask me. I approached people and I said “want to see something you probably don’t want to see but since they’re so good you should want to see.” All of the reactions I got were positive. Talk about a confidence boost! 
In the end it was an incredibly positive experience. I didn't keep a sexy face the whole time. I got a lot of corrections from Jordan. I ended up laughing a lot. Of course there was a lot of readjusting. But it was unbelievably fun. That is why I have decided that we should make a business of it. Everyone in all shapes and sizes should do a boudoir shoot just to feel good about themselves!


Some Samples from my Shoot!




No comments:

Post a Comment