Thursday, October 17, 2013

sexy and i know it

Let's be honest most of us girls don't feel sexy. We are too self conscious about that mole on our shoulder, that stomach roll, our "chicken fat" and of course those extra chins. Even when our men or friends tell us we are hot and sexy we shrug it off and don't take that compliment in. As Jordan was taking my pictures she told me "wow you are beautiful." while editing she texted me "wow you really are flawless" Then after editing them she told me again. Every time she told me I just brushed it off. I thought "she has to tell me that. I'm her best friend" or "she just wants me to feel better." Basically I was talking myself out of feeling beautiful.

 How often do we as girls do this to ourselves? Why can't we accept compliments? We are constantly bringing ourselves down even though we have no reason to. We are comparing ourselves to everyone around us. The psych major in me wants to tell myself to stop. I KNOW comparing myself to others is the biggest cause of depression but I still do it. I look at people in class, people at work and random people on the streets and think, gosh I wish I had those legs, I wish I had that smile, I wish I had this, I wish I had that.

So let me tell you a little trick. Look at yourself in the mirror and say "I love this about myself" just list one thing every day. Try to find something different. Just doing this will make you feel soooo much better about yourself. Something else you can do is next time someone compliments you look them in the eye and say thank you. Not only will you feel better because you are giving true gratitude but they will also feel a slight burst of happiness because they got to share that with you. One last trick I'll give you, on those low low days when you just want to hate on yourself go get dressed up. Do your hair, do your makeup, wear a dress or your favorite outfit. Then go parade yourself somewhere. Go to the mall, the grocery store or just go on a walk. You'll be turning heads. It's hard to knock yourself down when you put the effort in and everyone is looking at you.

Be confident in yourself girl! No one has what you have! No one will ever be as sexy as you. Own it! "Work that updo!"

No comments:

Post a Comment